Event Phone: 07894573555
18:30 - 20:30
Professor Stephen Mellalieu will be delivering a workshop on Friday 20th March 2020 6.30pm to 8.30pm:
Venue = Y Gat The Gate, Pentre Road, St Clears, SA33 4AA
To attend you must be an affiliated Welsh Athletics club athlete in school year 8 to adult, a parent of an affiliated athlete or a UKA club coach.
Tickets are £5pp and there is a limit of 30 places. The workshop is suitable for athletes from all running, jumping and throwing disciplines.
The workshop will include:
• ‘Winning Mindset’ – The psychological skills that underpin successful performance and the techniques athletes use to develop them
• ‘Mind over Matter’ – Using mental skills to get the most out of your training
• ‘Making the Butterflies Fly in Formation’ – strategies to optimize performance in the lead up to, and on the day of competition
• ‘Hero to Zero’ – Dealing with injury and other performance inhibitors
• ‘Ask the Expert’ – Explore and discuss specific topics in a Q&A format with Stephen.
The tutor is Stephen Mellalieu. Stephen is a Professor in Sport Psychology at Cardiff Metropolitan University. Stephen has over 20 years consultancy experience in high performance sport, working with a range of athletes, teams, their coaches and support staff, from recreational and amateur level though to commonwealth, Olympic and professional standard. Stephen’s research and teaching focuses on stress, performance and wellbeing in sport, specifically, the demands and challenges athletes and teams experience in training, competition and away from sport, and the mental strategies they subsequently use in order to train and compete successfully.