11:00 - 17:00
The 114th Welsh Cross Country Championships will take place at Singleton Park in Swansea on Saturday 24th February 2018. The event will incorporate the Welsh Masters Cross Country Championships and a Primary Schools Challenge event.
Closing date for the championships is 4.30pm on 15th February
Information for Team Managers, Athletes, Spectators & Officials
Car Parking Information
Free car parking is available on Oystermouth Road, alongside the St Helens Rugby Ground: SA2 0AU. This is close to the access to the park which will be clearly marked.
The event headquarters (Race HQ) including registration, will be located alongside the Swiss Cottage in a red Welsh Athletics Marquee, as indicated on the course map.
Team Managers are required to collect their athletes numbers at Race HQ. Any athlete who is not part of a Welsh club, will need to collect their own number. This area will open at 9:30am and numbers must be declared at least 45 minutes before their race start time.
Master Age Groups
A master athlete must be entered in the age group that they wish to score with their club team. You will not be able to change teams after entry. The athlete will be scored as an individual in their correct age-group.
Hot and cold food and drinks will be sold at the venue. Hot drinks & snacks will be sold inside the large marquee and hot food will be sold opposite race HQ.
Shelter and baggage
The large marquee will offer dry shelter and seating. Bags can be left there but it is recommended that club tents may be a more secure place to leave your kit.
In 2018 non-Welsh eligible athletes will be allowed to score for their Welsh Club Team.
Master Age Groups
A master athlete must be entered in the age group that they wish to score with their club team. They will not be able to change teams after entry. They will also score as part of their club’s senior team. The athlete will be scored as an individual in their correct age-group.
Presentations will be in a large red Welsh Athletics Marquee, alongside the main food marquee, following each race, as soon as results can be ratified.
Presentations will be for the first three individuals and the winning teams.
- Toilets are available at the toilet block as marked on the course map.
- There is a large area designated for club tents as indicated on the course map.
- Marshals are located around the course and will be wearing fluorescent BIBS to make them easily identified.
- FIRST AID cover is provided by St Johns on the day, with an ambulance sited near the start, and an on foot presence on the fields whilst races are in operation. Any situation arising that requires First Aid treatment anywhere on the course must be reported immediately to an event marshal who can summon First Aid personnel.
- Health & Safety at Cross Country events – Athletes are advised that Health & Safety regulations recommend that you should examine the course for potential hazards before competing.
Venue: Singleton Park